Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Travel - February 4th,2014

A New Adventure!!!

John and I are taking off next week for Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  We are headed back to our old favorite Hyatt Regency on Pier 66.  This is the same hotel were we stayed prior to our trip across the Atlantic early in 2013.  This time we are getting ready for another adventure.  We are heading out on the Crown Princess, of the Princess Cruise Lines, for a trip around South America.  We end our trip in Los Angeles in early April.  It is going to be the trip of a life time.  

We will spend 49 days on board and of those 9 will be formal nights.  Packing is becoming a challenge.  I have a couple of "little??" black dresses and a variety of scarves.  I hope my Girl Scout training of dressing up and down a plain dress is up to this!  Thank goodness we have decided to pack a third bag or I don't think I would have had much to wear.  Shoes are so heavy and I'm not a one shoe girl.  Some of our friends are taking a side trip to Antarctica and have to pack polar gear as well.  Sure glad we have decided to skip that piece.  We will get to see penguins in the Falklands.  That works for me.

Here is an overview of our itinerary.  Some of my favorite days are those we spend at sea.  We will have a number of them through out the trip.  It is nice to rest between ports of call.  Otherwise is can be exhausting.

Cruise Itinerary Map


John and I will be blogging before or after each stop.  We look forward to sharing our experiences and letting all our friends, family and followers know what we are up to.  When my kids were little I always made everything we did an adventure.  Sometimes they were good adventures, sometimes they were challenging.  When I mention an adventure these days they just roll their eyes.  AND YET...they are still up for a good adventure when one is in the offing.

We hope that you will come along on this adventure and enjoy the ride.  Get your sea legs ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Artfully Ann's Adventures