Thursday, February 13, 2014







February 13, 2014 – Travel

Tampa, Florida, a little before 1 o’clock in the morning and the pilot advised that the storm in Ft. Lauderdale had passed and the airport was open. We were cleared for take-off and the ride would take about 39 minutes. We were one of about a half a dozen planes that had been rerouted due to the storm. I think we must have all arrived in Ft. Lauderdale at once.

Taxis were at a premium at 2 o’clock in the morning, but we eventually made it up to the head of the cue. Check-in at the hotel was quick and we had no problem finding our room. 
We were pleasantly welcomed by Charlie, a three inch cockroach running across the hotel room floor.  (No pictures were taken...I didn't want him to get away!)  It is a good thing I have lived in a warm, cockroach infested environment before. One big stomp and Charlie was headed for the trash. A few of his small cousins were also destined for the same end and we were ready to move in. AHHHHhhh home sweet home for a few days. Yes…we are in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida…a little humid after the rain, but not too bad. I’m not complaining. This is the best time of the year here!

Late to bed and late to rise, we had a tour schedule for later in the afternoon, but decided to reschedule for tomorrow morning. We are going to see the Everglades. That should be a lot of fun! We decided to take it easy, sit by the pool, take pictures, and catch up on the blog, sleep and just take it easy. AHHHhhhhhh, nice start to the first day of the trip after such a crazy plane ride.

After meeting Charlie last night, we met some of the other critters in the hotel courtyard today. I thought you might like to see a few. While we were lounging on our pool chairs Ignacio the Iguana decided to slither by.

I had three cameras with me, but the only one really handy was my phone. Ignacio poised for a while and then ran into the bushes again. You could hear the folks around the pool running for their cameras as he decided to make another appearance. I think he just like to play with the tourists. He probably does this every day. A program we just watched on TV indicated that they bite and can put you in the hospital. I’m sure glad I respected his space! Who knew???




John decided to go to the room and leave me alone with these creatures. I’m still writing the blog, when Emily the Egret decides to walk by and take a drink in the pool. She was very tame. She must be another one who enjoys entertaining the tourists. This time the closest camera was my computer. Isn't it wonderful to have so many tools available to capture experiences when they happen? Even so, it is still hard to reach for them fast enough.

I also got my Nikon D600 out and enjoyed a little camera time. I’ll spend more time with those and share them on my Artfully Ann’s Etsy Shop.

Stay tuned…the Everglades are on the slate for tomorrow!! I can’t wait!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Artfully Ann's Adventures