Monday, June 17, 2013

Art - June 17, 2013


Gaudi Tile

It has been very busy since we returned home.  Getting ready for the 2013 Redmond Town Center Art Festival is exciting and hectic.  John has been busy making some beautiful shelves to display my jewelry and sweater bowls.  We have ordered a tent, a cash register, found trellis material on which to to hang my large pictures and so much more. 


Malaga Bull Fight poster

I hope those of you in the Seattle area can make the festival on July 12, 13 and 14th.  The booths will be open from 10 am to 8 pm on  Friday and Saturday, and from 11 am to 7 pm on Sunday.  For more information see their web page  http://www.redmondtowncenter.com/Events/ArtsFestival  

Crocheted and beaded bracelet



I'm going to have some interesting items for sale.  I am up-cycling jewelry boxes and picture frames.  I am making all types of jewelry.  There will be large canvas, metal etched, poster style and framed photographs.  I even have photos and frames an inch tall.  I have sweater bowls, cards, scarves, hats, and even a yoga bag.  

Here are a few of the jewelry items below.  These were made using some of the materials I purchased on my trip.  The beads on the gold necklace are olive wood from Greece.  The polished shell is from Livorno, Italy.  It has been fun working with some of the items purchased in Europe.




Crocheted and beaded necklace
beads are olive wood from Greece
Carved shell necklace with rose charm
gold snake chain.  Shell is from Livorno, Italy

 It's time for bed.  I have swimming at the Y tomorrow and then it is back to making an inventory and more items for the fair.  


OHHHhhh  and did I tell you...  It was also a good day on Etsy.  One of my jewelry bags is on it's way to Long Beach, California.  YEA!!!!


Good night for now!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Artfully Ann's Adventures